Friday, January 1, 2010

Oops, missed a day

Sorry about not posting yesterday... that little thing called life got in the way. I thought we were just going to stay home for an uneventful New Year's Eve, I would do the shred, and we'd just hang out. No such luck. My husband came home from work and announced that we were going to his aunt's house for the evening. It was a lot of fun, as he comes from a huge family and gatherings are always a blast. I ate a little more fajitas and rice than I should have, but I did avoid soda and drank water instead! My in-laws cooked bunuelos (fried tortillas sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar) and I did have one of those. All in all, a good evening.
For the love dare yesterday, I was supposed to buy him something that let him know I was thinking of him. I made him a tres leches cake (I had to buy the whipped cream, so it counts!). He was very happy with that. I've always enjoyed buying/doing things for others, so this challenge was a lot of fun for me. I haven't even read today's challenge yet... guess I'm taking a day off since it's already 7:30 pm!
Health-wise, I've done pretty good. Eating today was a bit different because my husband was off work, and we decided to cook breakfast at home, then go out for a late lunch. This morning I ate two pancakes and a piece of bacon. I stopped when I was full, rather than just full-on indulging as I would have previously. However... I drank a coke today! Yes, I broke the fast. I only had one, and I think moderation is going to be much more realistic for me than complete abstainance.
We took the boys shoe shopping, then drove around to look at some houses in some areas we are interested in moving to. Yes.. moving! :) Our lease is up in June, and we hope to be moved out in May. We are thrilled to become homeowners!

No comments:

Post a Comment