Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Not so great start or middle.... but great ending!

Alrighty, so reality has set in. This is HARD. Changes are HARD. I didn't expect it to be easy, but darn that Christmas candy and those leftovers sitting around... then, on top of all that, my knees were hurting something fierce today. I almost wimped out and skipped the shred. But Brandie (thank God for motivating friends!!) encouraged me to do it anyway, and just modify so I'd be comfortable. So here I sit, having just finished the shred. My arms feel like jell-o, but I beat the obstacle. I said no to the excuses. I showed myself that I can do it! (oh yeah, day THREE of no soda!!!)
I guess that's my health update. On to my spiritual- I'm having a rough go. I'm not feeling connected. I know it's my fault... we've slacked on our church attendance the past few weeks. Small group is on hiatus... but it is up to me to keep my relationship with God going. I cannot depend on church or small group to do that for me. I did read chapter 2 of Romans last night. I tried to pray, but it wasn't working. I didn't feel like I was really talking to God. Nightly reading isn't going to work for me on the Bible front. Too much distraction. I will resume waking up earlier and reading before everyone wakes up.
Marriage update- this was day 2 of the Love Dare. My challenge was to do something special for him. I wanted to make a cake for him, but we were missing a few key ingredients, and I really didn't want to go to the grocery store with my ornery boys. So I settled for laying out his clothes and towel for him for his after work shower. I had dinner ready when he got home, and I took care of the kitchen. I didn't nag him once. Score! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment