Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good things come in threes...

Alrighty, here I am on day 3~ two days longer than I thought I'd last! Today was awesome on several fronts. We had our house that we're renting inspected by the foundation company. We've been worried because there have been cracks in the walls, and we knew the house had prior foundation issues. Praise God- the inspector said the house is repairing itself and everything is just fine! We are also beginning the process of purchasing a home. So far, everything is going well with the lender we are working with. This has been weighing heavily on us to get back to having our own home, a place we can call "ours."
Goal 1- get healthy- Alright, so I'm on day 2 of Jillian's shred. I didn't get to do my workout this morning because of the inspector coming so early. I was really worried I'd talk myself out of it by the end of the day. I sucked it up and just finished- it was TOUGH, because I'm still sore from yesterday. However, I pressed on and made it through. This is day 2 of not drinking any soda. Those who know me know that I have a major soda addiction. I decided to follow my friend Brandie's advice and just drop soda cold turkey. I've been drinking coffee in the morning, and unsweet tea (with Equal) during meals. I'm doing water after workouts.
Goal 2- spiritual life- I'm on day 2, chapter 2 of reading Romans. I'm finding it a little difficult to go straight through a whole book of the Bible. I have to stop and think a bit every couple of verses. I have a study Bible, so it helps with interpretation. I'm enjoying the sense of completion, though, that I'm not just reading a little verse, but I'm getting the entire context of what's going on.
Goal 3- improve marriage- I finished day 1 of the Love Dare. I'm reading at night, then putting it into practice the next day. Day 1's challenge was to exhibit patience and not say anything negative to your spouse. It was HARD. I had to stop several times (okay, a lot of times) from nagging or snapping at him. However, taking that moment to reevaluate and calm myself made all the difference. I found that when I responded calmly, Homero calmed down, too. It has helped with communication so far (just this one day, but still!)
Onward and upward- day 4 is tomorrow! Can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment